Santa Monica, California, United States
About My Code:
My Code is a purpose-driven company founded in 2015. Our mission is to shape the future of media where everyone is authentically represented.
As a minority-led organization, diversity is in our DNA. My Code Media’s employee base is 84% Multicultural/LGBTQ+, 72% Hispanic/Latinx, and 55% female across its U.S. and Latin America offices. Our team of marketers, sellers, researchers, and storytellers represent the audiences we reach, allowing brands to make authentic consumer connections through powerful content, unparalleled sponsorship opportunities, and nuanced insights.
Named one of the fastest-growing private companies in the U.S., My Code Media strategically brings together intelligence, targetable data, exclusive media inventory, and authentic content to influence diverse consumers every day through digital media and integrated campaigns. Our robust suite of advertising products delivers the most impactful, data-driven strategies for brands, agencies, publishers, and creators to reach effectively and influence Hispanic, Black, Asian, and LGBTQ+ audiences online with unmatched authenticity.
About the Role:
As a private equity backed company, My Code is looking to fuel our growth through mergers and acquisitions as a high priority goal. We are seeking a Director of Corporate Development, based either in Los Angeles or New York, to report to our CEO and drive these growth initiatives. The Director will support the team by providing due diligence and transaction support through research analysis, building complex financial models, and preparing presentations used for decision making.
With insight into decision-making at the highest levels, the Director will be positioned to develop a deep knowledge of the industry as well as a vast, enduring skill set.
Day-to-day responsibilities will vary but include:
- Support Corporate Development and Strategic Initiatives and with financial analysis and evaluation of growth initiatives and acquisitions
- Create presentations for senior management to facilitate discussion of corporate opportunities and other strategic business initiatives
- Due diligence research, peer company tracking and other projects supporting potential investments, joint ventures and acquisitions
- Work closely with our private equity firm partners across diligence requests and research
- BA or BS with a strong record of academic achievement
- 7+ years’ experience performing strategic, operational and/or financial analysis within a Corporate, Management Consulting, Investment Banking or Media/Entertainment environment preferred
- Advanced proficiency using Excel and PowerPoint, with demonstrated ability to build complex financial models diligence summaries, snapshots and other formats used to support decision making
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex financial and strategic issues and communicate findings to management team in writing, through presentations and verbally
- Self-starter with a positive and team-oriented attitude