New York, United States
Impremedia is the leading Hispanic news and information company, Impremedia’s portfolio includes the most widely read and respected Spanish-language daily newspapers and digital media outlets in the U.S. Recently acquired by My Code, we are the leading Spanish news and lifestyle company in the United States reaching 20 million users through digital. Together, we’ll provide unprecedented and authentic ways to connect brands and Hispanic audiences.
About the Role:
In this position you will have the unique opportunity to lead all of Impremedia video efforts and take it to the next stage. This is a role that requires a leader with good communication skills and a keen ability to think strategically and react quickly in an ever-changing environment. The Executive Video Producer must have solid technical skills and excellent dependability, as well as a willingness to adapt to the needs of the business and the audience.
This role is responsible for all aspects of video production for Impremedia portfolio of brands, both in our studio and on projects we initiate in the field, including live-streamed programs and post-produced video-on-demand.
The Executive Producer Video defines our aesthetic in the medium, sets and maintains quality standards for production, and manages the outsourced companies, systems, and processes that keep our video operation running for our original programming. This role also supervises our freelance video production staff and manages relationships with key internal partners. This role reports to the VP of Digital Content.
- Executing all aspects of video production both live and in post-production, overseeing the work of any freelance staff who contribute to the work
- Working with show producers and upper management to ensure that the visual aesthetic on stage and studio lighting supports high-quality video
- Directing video productions ranging from single-camera productions to the multi-camera field and studio productions
- Working with show producers to guide subjects/talent and others through the production process
- Acquiring, maintaining, setting up, and breaking down all equipment necessary for video production in the studio and on remote shoots
- Managing digital delivery of video via various distribution systems (YouTube, Instagram, JWPlayer, etc.)
- Keeping up on best practices, new technology and production processes recommended for the company
- Tracking data and generating reports on our video operations and programs
- Managing video-related budget lines and purchasing materials and services necessary for production
- Managing freelance video production staff
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Aesthetic and creative skills to select stories, write stories and generate ideas
- Analytical and decision-making skills to make business judgments
- Time and project management skills
- Ability to communicate and interact at all levels with clarity and precision, both written and verbally with all teams.
- Knows how to use common project management software.
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach.
- Outstanding problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Solid influencing skills
- Experience with stakeholder and executive leadership management
- Demonstrated, applied experience establishing and delivering complex projects
- Leadership, coaching and collaboration skills to recruit negotiate, supervise and manage people
- 3+ years live video production experience
- Experience operating a remotely controlled multi-camera video system and a multi-format video switcher
- Experience live streaming video to platforms like YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, and other RTMP destinations
- Experience cutting video clips for social media posts, sizzles, and highlight reels
- Experience shooting with handheld and tripod cameras in studio and in the field
- Experience creating graphics for video
- Meticulous attention to detail and and on-trend creative sensibilities