About H Code:
Founded in 2015, My Code has solidified its place as the largest Multicultural digital media company in the United States. Committed to reaching Hispanic audiences at scale with H Code and Black audiences with B Code, the Company strives to leverage its learnings, brand equity, and expertise to shape the future of media by unlocking diverse audiences through data and authentic creative and content. Today, H Code’s employee base is 84% multicultural, 65% Hispanic/Latinx, and 49% female across its offices in the U.S. and Latin America.
Named one of the fastest-growing private companies in the nation by multiple outlets, H Code strategically brings together targetable data, exclusive inventory, authentic creative and custom content, and more to influence powerful Hispanic consumers every day through digital and integrated campaigns. Backed by its proprietary intelligence platform that derives insights from a robust influencer network and the largest Hispanic digital panel, H Code delivers the most impactful, data-driven strategies to effectively reach and influence multicultural audiences online with unmatched authenticity.
About the Role:
The Freelance Creative Writer reports to the Director of Branded Content and works alongside our creative team to develop and write digital-first custom content proposals. This can include writing RFP responses, proactive proposals, treatments, talent bios and more. This role is instrumental in the development of data-driven and culturally nuanced branded content opportunities to support our Studio’s mission of delivering unique, exciting and first-to-market integrated campaigns in a culturally-relevant way across trusted channels. This role collaborates with multiple teams inside the Studio department which includes data and cultural nuanced driven teams of creatives, storytellers, and producers who help global brands connect with multicultural audiences across all platforms and formats, the development of original IP with representation of MC audiences in-front and behind the camera, and innovative content product offerings.
- Work under the guidance of our Director of Branded Content to respond to RFPs and develop proactive packages.
- Collaborate with the Studio pre-sales team to ideate on custom content for marketers, media agencies, and brands ranging from Fortune 500 to startups that will best meet their multicultural consumers’ needs.
- Work with the Studio pre-sales team to write unique digital-first content proposals that resonate with multicultural audiences including but not limited to editorial, animation, video, photography, and more.
- Write-up concepts in a way that excites and retains existing business by continuing to innovate with digital, social, media and promotional elements while clearly supporting the client’s goals.
- Work with deadlines and handle multiple tasks at once with a precise and detail-oriented approach.
- Align all proposals with the voice of the client, and stay consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice.
- Stay up to date on new platforms, content trends, and influencers across the company’s different codes.
- Take a data-driven approach to content considering audience insights, proprietary research, and past performance to develop creative proposals.
- Identify branded opportunities across the different publishers in our network and among brand safe content creators.
- Work closely with the Production Team and Creative Producers to aid in the execution of branded campaigns.
- Be a leader and embrace our team’s core values: Culture First, Play Like a Team, Pave The Way, Care and Think Big
- 2+ years experience writing branded content proposals at a creative agency or in branded content at a media company, with a focus on digital advertising and custom content across all or some of the communities we represent.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically.
- High writing and editing skills.
- Experience collaborating with a team of creative and operational talent, as well as working with freelancers with varying availability throughout the week.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Passionate about new media trends and practices.
- HIghly driven & motivated, with excellent follow-up skills.