The 2024 presidential race is much closer than we think. It’s important to take this time to understand what will motivate multicultural voters to turn out in November 2024. The country faces a period of unprecedented turmoil, but by focusing on the core values and priority issues of diverse populations, we can better understand how to reach these communities.
Elected officials and political hopefuls need to act now. They need to deepen their understanding of what issues concern differentiated groups the most, develop action plans, let these groups of people know their concerns are being taken seriously, and what steps they plan to put into action.
- Roughly 7-in-10 registered voters are planning to vote in the November 2024 elections
- 7-in-10 multicultural voters are dissatisfied with the government’s handling of the recent gun violence
- 44% of diverse Americans are currently leaning toward voting for Democrats in 2024
- Nearly 60% of diverse Americans feel that Ron DeSantis does not understand them
- More than 7-in-10 diverse Americans feel that diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) programs are essential to delivering a high quality education to students of all ages
Intelligence Center from My Code™ has developed this report to highlight how political actors can deepen relationships with diverse voters by understanding how cultural nuances inform their political attitudes and behaviors.